Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Chapter 2: Seeking for the light in Chiang Mai

Monday evening on Samsen road is a little slow and quiet. I'll have a mini live set on my new strings accompanied by Pong on bluesy Telecaster. Nice to be back here! ...then I have to hurry up to the train station, my Chiang Mai train is leaving at 10pm.


waking up Tuesday morning on the train going through misty mountains and lush green of Northern Thailand. still 7 more hours to go until Chiang Mai.


This conductor is supposed to put everyone's bed back to seats, that is until he finds my guitar


'I quit!' the rest of the car remains sleeper beds while he trys his new career being a rock star.


monk students sits in front of Wat Suan Dok. Chiang Mai.


amazing collection of trees are all over the city, significantly greener, Chiang Mai is cultural center of Northern Thailand.


Elephants are not meant to live in cities and walk on asphalt. Every time I see this it upsets me. This poor lovely animal, having been walking around all day to sell tourists souvenirs, stops to clench his thirst at the gas station.


Rule 2; boycott plastic bottled drinks. Since I learned the facts of bottled water industry in the US last year, I have been refilling my own bottle. Shown above is a drinking water machine, for 1 Thai Baht (US$0.03) you can refill 1 litter of water into YOUR OWN bottle! It's a shame you don't see these kind of machine in the US or Japan.


Chedi at Wat Umong, just outside of the city. surrounded in nature and covered with grass.


On Chinese New Year's Eve for the year of Rat (as I was born in the year of Rat), also the new moon 'Buddha Day' the monks and nuns at Was Rampoeng prepare for the celemony. Tomorrow I will start my training of Vipassana meditation.

No comments: